Re: [lro] Is a Series an SUV?

From: Michael Thompson (miket@rio.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 22:59:05 EST

I was talking to one of my friends at the local paper about the whole
SUV debate now going on and he told me about a meeting he attended not
long ago.
It was a meeting in protest of a new proposed paper mill in the area.
The meeting was largely attended by a group of self proclaimed
"environmentalists". My friend said 95% of the vehicles in the lot were
Navigators, Escalades and the like.
Two other experiences:
  Another friend of mine was out one snowy night and saw a Cherokee
stuck and spinning. He went to see what was wrong. The driver thought
the stick on the floor that said 2X and 4X was a speaker switch. He
educated the driver and they were off.
My EX mother in-law could not get up a mild hill paved with gravel.
Couldn't make it because she didn't know what the stick on the floor
did.
BTW how many SUVers know or have heard of "Tread Lightly"

Cheers,
Mike Thompson
71 Series 2A