[lro] RHD springs in a LHD 88" Rover?

From: John Rayl (jrayl@finelinegraphics.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 08:41:20 EST

    I can get (cheap) a front set of springs for an 88" RHD Rover, can I use these
    on my LHD 88"? I'm aware that the springs are "handed", but I was concerned
    that the RHD springs may be stiffer on the right side due to the weight of the
    gas tank and the driver. Wouldn't make the old girl list to the left even more
    when I get my big arse in it? Anyone have any ideas/experience in this sort of
    bodging?

    John Rayl
    1967 Series IIa 88"
    1967 Volvo 122s Wagon
    1985 Saab 900S
    2002 Voyager (it's the wife's, I swear!)