[lro] Buick 400 Dizzy...was Symptom returns

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 08:17:09 EST

    You may want to take a look at the info here:
    http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/BuickHeiConversions.htm
    for an excellent article on how to rebuild a Buick dizzy,
    and here:
    http://www.iwaynet.net/~ohiogs/buick_links.htm
    ...it includes lots of links to sites where used/rebuilt Buick 400 dizzys can be found at quite reasonable prices...I run a later Lucas dizzy (electronic) on my '72 3.5 V8 RR (can't remember the model #, but could look), though the HEI sounds like a worthwhile upgrade/alternative. Also, you could simply put a Pertronics unit (75-95$) into that 42$ NAPA (Never Any Parts Available) dizzy.

    JT/ric

    Patrick said:

    The Buick 400 distributor still sounds interesting, and if I can figure out
    how to rig one without points, I'll source one. (NAPA has them with points
    for $42 or so)