[lro] Tires, fuel, and other newbie questions

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 14:21:24 EST

    Rick

    I am very happy with my 33's. I don't have any complaints with the all
    terrain tread except in loose dry dirt. The 33's did not rub (that I
    noticed) even before I got the parabolics. They have a very round section
    on 15 inch LR rims and I didn't even need to adjust the steering stops.
    They are big bouncy things, and you'll want your steering and suspension
    bits in good nick if you're gonnna drive a SWB fast (on the highway, at
    least). Get a steering damper too.

    Tirerack seems to still have some 33X9.5/15 KO's:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?startIndex=0&width=33X&ratio=9.5&
    diameter=15&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Island, WA
    www.ozedeph.com