Re: [lro] New Rover needs help - engine seized ???

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 12:22:00 EST

    I unsiezed a 65 Sunbeam Alpine 1725cc engine a few years ago by filling it right up to
    the top with deisel and letting it sit for a week. Then I rocked it in 4th and "bob's
    yer Uncle" it came free and drove just fine. On a Landy, you have the benefit of the
    cranking handle, but go easy on it. The elasticity of the springs and drivetrain are
    less direct and you can choose the gear if you use the "in gear" method.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington