[lro] Tires, gearshifts and ether.

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 10:50:39 EST

    >Sam Teuton <teuton01@yahoo.com>

    >Doesn't sound like a bit of fun. A broken gearshifter
    >was my first Series experience, about an hour after I
    >bought the truck. Can't say I have any experience in
    >the snow department however. The coldest it's been in
    >my part of Texas this winter is about 42F.

    It's not. Closest I've ever come to death in a Rover was the result of a
    broken gearshift. Northern Vermont. January. -35F (near that magical
    spot where F = C....) with winds of 30+ mph, making wind chills of over a
    hundred below. When beer in the cooler (er...*warmer*...) next to the
    heater outlet froze solid, I figured I was next.