Re: [lro] Offtopic: For sale on ebay

From: John Karlsson (karlsson@oco.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 09:43:41 EST

    At 09:30 AM 1/17/2003, ajr wrote:

    >Check it as baggage. After 9/11 (spring 2002) I took a
    >hundred pounds weight of hand tools to the UK as part of my
    >checked baggage. No problem, other than two VERY HEAVY
    >suitcases.
    >
    >'Course, I wasn't packing 50 kilos of bayonets or something
    >like that....

    But you probably could have. I recently checked the carry-on and checked
    baggage restrictions, and I was pleased to see that you can check your
    knives, swords, guns, and ammunition. However, the nice TSA people in St.
    Thomas confiscated the P-38 that has lived on my key ring for decades and
    didn't get a second glance on the trip down. They left me my keys, which
    seem like a much more effective weapon to me.

    John Karlsson
    956 Main Street
    P.O. Box 1023
    Hope Valley, RI 02832