Re: [lro] coil conversion parts

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 18:04:18 EST

    >AJR writes:

    >There is a breaker in the Worcester, MA area that seems to
    >corner the market in Range Rovers and the like. I think
    >they'ree one of the breakers you're taking about - I'll
    >tell you they don't let anything go cheaply.
    >
    >They've got an LR list price book and used parts go for 50%
    >or more of that price. I don't shop there if I can humanly
    >avoid it.

    Specialized breakers can have outrageous prices, as they don't have
    competition once the manufacturer stops supplying parts. I've dealt
    with a couple for mercedes parts, and have laughed at some of the
    price quotes, like a used trunk lid, not guaranteed perfect or even
    the right color(which would be worth the money to some people), for
    $100 more than the dealer price for a brand new one, not including
    shipping.