Re: [lro] rochester surge

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 09:55:00 EST

    > hello all, latest landy quandary, I put a new Rochester carb into
    > schoolbus 60
    > 109 5 door, new linkages. it surges in first jerks like its in the
    > wrong gear.
    > otherwise runs great, anyone know what this is??

    Have the CO level checked, esp around 2500 RPM when the main cruise
    circuit is active. If it accelerates OK in other gears I'm suspecting
    a lean main circuit from the description that you provided. If it were
    acting poorly in all gears I would suspect electrical. From your brief
    description I would hazard a guess that your main jet is about 2 sizes
    too lean.

    Of course i just could be float level setting or a stuck float valve.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
      http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    A member of the internet community since 1985.