Re: [lro] Could be worse... Little Rover content...

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 20:29:34 EST

    > But my Rover is 7 times older than that Jeep. One small pin hole
    > anywhere
    > in the hydraulics and there goes all of my braking.

    Had that happen to me twice before I bit the bullet and replaced all
    the tubing, going to a dual system in the process.

    > The transmission brake
    > is still there, but having used it once to stop (just to see...), I
    > wouldn't
    > want to rely on it.

    I once came down a very steep mountain and drove through a town with
    nothing but the mechanical brake. It pays to keep it in very good
    condition. Of course I once bailed out of a car just before it went
    over a cliff because the emergency brake was not well adjusted and i
    had a hydraulic failure. So I'm a believer in keep that brake in good
    condition.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
      http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    A member of the internet community since 1985.