Re: [lro] problem shifting my Series III

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 08:35:26 EST

    --- Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
    wrote:

    > And a flush release button?

    Nope - 1/4 turn camlock fasteners mounted where the wing
    top mounting bolts were. The 101 uses a lot of fasteners
    like that, so they're not exactly foreign to the design
    mentality.

    If I feel like being a real "hide the panel" type, I can
    always modify some 1/4" hex bolts as camlock fasteners -
    this way all that will show is the line of the hinge.

    Bodge jobs, we don' need no steenking bodge jobs....8*)

    While we're on the subject, anyone here with a Series III I
    can persuade to trace the wing cutout and send it to me? No
    rush, as the old boy is nowhere near ready to have his wing
    reinstalled, but it would be a good thing to have handy
    when the time comes.

                 ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com