Re: [lro] IIA 109 clutch master substitute?

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 20:14:37 EST

>--- David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> I think the clutch master on my 109 is shot. Is there
>> any chance
>> there's a rebuild or sub available for something I can
>> find locally?
>> It's a remote resevoir setup.
>
>I know Wilwood makes one - wondering if MGB or Midget might
>provide rebuild parts at the local auto-parts store?
>
> aj"Next-day order from AB?"r

So I got around to looking at it this evening. It wasn't the master
cylinder, exactly. The locknut on the pushrod that the pedal pushes
against had backed off. Total time of repair: 90 minutes to get the
wing off, five minutes to fix, 30 minutes to dig up replacements for
the hardware I'd broken, 45 minutes to put it back together. I see
why people cut an access hatch for the clutch master!

David