[lro] Re: Rich BKP badges

From: APG:AdventureOz (apg@bigfoot.com.au)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 01:52:17 EST

    Rich, they are great! We received them just in time for Candlemas. Put them on
    the L'Rovers, entertained visiting Virginia (USA) friends with a tour de
    Series Land Rover. The Yanks whinged a lot mainly because they have a
    comfortable Ford 'Exploder' back Stateside. Then we took ourselves Land Rover
    camping off road way up into the High Country, among the brumbies and the
    mountain men of the Alps along the Snowy River where things are a little
    cooler this time or year, away from the heat of Canberra and the emerging red
    belly black snakes that appear along with the equally venemous brown snakes
    this time of year.

    I thought we'd acknowledged receipt of our Bloody Knuckles Pub badges 111 and
    112 on the LRO net before we left, If not, we can only claim over excited
    enthusiasm at prospect of getting out into the bush for a couple of days.

    We're looking forward to seeing where other members have installed their
    badges - if not the grille, noting that one LROer has been thinking about
    installing hisbadge inside!

    The way international events are shaping up right now, with our armed forces
    on the alert for further despatch to the Middle East, Solange and I were
    thinking of donating one of our Bloody Knuckles badges to the Oz Army motor
    pool staff sergeants to put on a Lightweight or a Perentie Land Rover. But
    then we reconsidered and abandoned the idea. Those guys have had enough bloody
    knuckles already in Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Timor and elsewhere.

    On the other ha nd, my wife and I reckon the BKP badges would have to be at
    least .556 (.223) bullet proof!

    Best cheers and a Happy New Year 2003,

    Theodore Ted and Solange Bennett
    apg@bigfoot.com.au