Re: [lro] Re: Alternator tach signal

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 17:46:02 EST

    >Imagine that...
    >
    >Yet another reason to run a Delco alternator.
    >
    >How would one calibrate a tach to this type of pulse? I mean, 14 pulses per
    >revolution... That would be equal to the 7 cylinder setting on a standard
    >tach, right ;-)
    >
    >Dave, do you know if the CS130 and CS144 lines carry the same feature?

    At least some -- perhaps all -- CS130 alternators provide the signal
    on the P (phase) terminal. There are about six billion ways the
    CS130 can be hooked up (crack is cheap in detroit!), and I don't know
    if the signal is present on this terminal even in applications where
    there's nothing connected. I'd bet the CS144 has a similiar feature
    (they're very much alike, despite being different sizes and having no
    interchangeable parts).