[lro] Pertronix for PE, OK for NE?

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@daido.net)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 13:28:50 EST

    I was the lucky recipient of a Pertronix kit under the Christmas tree!
    It is the correct unit for my '67 positive earth 109. However, I am
    uncertain if the unit will function/self-destruct after a conversion to
    negative earth. If there is a good chance that I'll convert to NE in the
    future, does anyone know if the PE Pertronix will work? To me, it
    appears to only be a matter of wire connections to the coil?

    FWIW, I can return it for the NE version, but It *seems* foolish to
    return it if swapping coil connections will solve any potential problem.
    Also, Pertronix told me that they *have* to advise me to use the PE
    version for PE, and the NE version for NE, and would go no further...

    Tom Proctor