Re: [lro] Re: disk brakes conversion for Series Rovers

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 13:31:22 EST

    The Disc brakes that I am having fitted on my Series IIa are for a Defender. It
    will be front discs and rear drums with a dual circuit servo assisted Series III
    109 master cylinder (I think) It is being done at BCB Offroad by Timm Cooper.
    He has developed a kit that includes the two hubs for the front so that Stock
    Land Rover Defender Discs and calipers can be used. He is selling the hubs as a
    kit, and then you have to buy the Defender parts. He is not selling the whole
    kit inclusive with Discs and calipers for liability reasons. You buy the
    conversion hubs from him and the rest from where ever you like. There is no
    cutting or welding and it is bolt on and reversable. The disc and caliper will
    fit in a stock Series Wheel. Call BCB Offroad on 805 237 0738 and they will let
    you know prices etc etc. I'll let you know how mine is when I get it back mext
    month.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington