Re: [lro] Shope Vacs

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 10:23:26 EST

    Tom,
        I happen to have the biggest Craftsman shop vac that was available at
    the time. My LORD!, it's loud. I never use it without ear plugs and even
    then it's loud for prolonged periods. Fortunately I also have two 1600 CFM
    dust collectors in the shop. They move serious amounts of air and are much
    quieter, they just don't get dragged around very easily.
        Were I to buy another shop vac (and I will), I would insist it be
    quieter. In NA there is a company called Husky. They make commercial
    versions which although pricey are very well built. I believe a large
    stainless steel canister version would be cheaper than the Fein. Most often
    in my experience a shop vac is purchased for a specific job and is
    considered disposable. With the price being so low on most now it's a very
    small investment you are, say, building a house. And they do tend to last
    much longer than the job at hand. Our Craftsman has been around for
    probably 9 or 10 years... whenever it was that our sump pump died and
    flooded the basement...

    Kirk
     NB- wet/dry is more useful than the blower in my opinion.