Re: [lro] OT (sort of): Limited slip diff

From: christian147@juno.com
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 07:20:04 EST

    >I was not impressed. Not one of the salespeople knew
    >what the advantages of a D44 over the standard axles were, and they
    looked
    >at me all weird when I told them what I wanted (ghetto strip down - no
    power
    >anything).
    >
    >This may be and isolated incident, but it sure didn't inspire
    confidence...

    >J-L

    Not isolated at all, J-L. Most manufactures stress product knowledge to
    the dealers but when it gets to the sales staff sales managers don't care
    enough to make the staff learn. The least favorite part of my job is
    deal with customers that have been told that the vehicle will do
    something by the sales person that it is not capable of doing. This time
    of the year I get sent to the sales dept. to tutor ( take the test for
    them) the sales staff. Kind of like shooting my self in the foot. The
    sad fact most sales are made by the sales person selling him/her self
    rather then the vehicle.

    Chris Hall