[lro] SII to SIII clutch

From: Michael Hatton (mhatton@compt.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 17:04:17 EST

    Having lost my SII transmission and purchased a rebuilt one including all
    the clutch bits except the "pipe to flex hose" connector, and with a
    strong desire to have the truck running again, I decided to use the SII
    clutch slave cylinder (recently rebuit) instead of the new SIII slave
    cylinder. The only difference I could notice was the offset on the
    mounting bolts. With some adjustment it *seems* to work. Is there any
    reason anyone woudl know why I shouldn't use it.

    Plus, shifting in the new gearbox is very stiff into !st and 2nd, or am I
    still used to the slop of the SII box. I would really like to enjoy the
    sheer luxury of synchromesh.

    Michael Hatton

    BTW I stopped by a LR Dealer in Toronto (THornhill) the other day and two
    of the sales weasels knew it was a Series truck, but couldn't tell whether
    it was a SIIA or SIII. A mechanic came out from the workshop and knew
    exactly what it was - he had worked on them "back home" (Trinidad), but
    cursed the diesels tho'