Re: [lro] Anybody have this problem with the main gear shift lever?

From: NADdMD@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 20:51:47 EST

    In a message dated 12/15/2002 11:29:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    bmwmark@worldnet.att.net writes:

    > Nate, tapthe hole out to the next size. grind the end of a bolt to fit the
    > slot in the shifter ball and install with a locknut.

    Thanks Mark.

    I drilled and tapped it out to 1/4 UNF and put a Allen head set screw in.
    Worked perfectly. Cost me 23 cents. Much better than removing the
    gearshift.

    Nate (btw, let me know if you see any really good deals on R1150R--starting
    to think about an upgrade by the end of the Summer)