Re: [lro] starter thanks and spare tires

From: Zaxcoinc@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 15:20:51 EST

    In a message dated 12/12/02 9:38:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com writes:

    > > Or just buy a second lower rear door hinge and install it in the
    > > middle.
    >
    > A third hinge won't help with the stress cracks that you mention, because
    > the internal framework of the door just isn't ideal for hanging a tire off
    > the back.
    >
    > No reason a BritPac swing away shouldn't work on my 110 is there? I'll go
    > take a look now.

    I happened to be behin't a Suzuki Samurai yestiddy, and it had been
    aftermarkedted with a very nice swing away mount which had as its mount a bar
    which went below the door to each side, and performed most of the heavy
    lifting. I think this is pretty much what John Hess has on his Dormie. Is
    this the same thing as the BP mount?

    Zack