RE: [lro] starter thanks and spare tires

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 08:07:23 EST

    David writes: >>> Another option is on the roof. Mine is attached to my
    roof rack
    > using the stock rear door mount, with the plates reversed.<<<

    thank you David for the chance for me to repeat some advice I wrote many
    years ago.
     When getting your spare, mounted on the roof, down in the dark on a slope
    DO NOT just drop it off the roof....
    :-(
    don't ask me how I know this :-(

    A good remedy for preventing wheels rolling away for miles is to put your
    tow strap through the centre before throwing it anywhere. Also makes it
    easier for cardiacally disabled old farts to move the wheel around until
    it's bolted in place.