Speaking of spark plugs was Re: [lro] quick question on spark plugs

From: apsilon (apsilon@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 02:13:04 EST

    Quick little thing that amused me recently (I'm amused easily at times).

    Despite my usual standard practice of replacing fluids, plugs etc when I get
    a new vehicle I put off replacing the plugs as it ran fine and I'd get
    around to it soon. Well a year later I decided to final replace the plugs
    (still running fine BTW). Pulled out 4 Autoline (IIRC) brand plugs. I'd
    never heard of them so asked an older mechanic friend of mine. Turns out
    they stopped making them in the late 70s. These plugs were over 20 years old
    and still going!

    Matt.
    Sydney Australia
    '75 Series III 88