Re: [lro] quick question on spark plugs

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 20:33:31 EST

> Is there a guide online that shows what spark plug
> goes where in the distributor?

ummm spark plugs do not go in the distrubutor. One would probably
break the rotor in short order.

> Or could someone just tell me where they go?

There are these threaded holes facing diagonal downward on the left
side of the engine. They go in there... err, one per hole.

> I had to take out all the wires and stupidly forgot to
> mark which one went where. It's for a '67 2 1/4
> petrol.

Oh firing order! Why didn't you ask!

1-3-4-2, distributor rotates counter clockwise.

In case you find yourself without your manuals again the URL to the
British Pacific series tech spec page is below:

http://www.britishpacific.com/series/s_tech.html#petrol

It has all the common tune up specs, fluid quantities, and torque
settings.

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California
  http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

A member of the internet community since 1985.