[lro] Unimog (no LR content)

From: Faure, Marin (marin.faure@boeing.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 18:48:57 EST

    For anyone in the Puget Sound (Washington) area who might be
    interested, there is a 1966 Unimog for sale in the Mt. Vernon-
    Burlington-Bellingham area. It appears to my Unimog-ignorant
    eye to be in excellent condition physically. It appeared
    a few weeks ago in the parking lot of Squalicum Marina
    in Bellingham where it sat for a few days. We were in the
    UK for a bit, but last Sunday on our way north, I saw it
    in the front yard of a house on Chuckanut Drive, at
    the south end of the scenic, winding section. It
    appeared to be the same vehicle even though this
    time the top was erected over the bed. This particular
    vehicle has the flat bed with sides, as opposed to other
    Unimogs I've seen with box bodies behind the cab. The
    vehicle appeared to be complete, even down to the wheel
    chocks that sit in special brackets under the bed. It's painted
    what I assume is a standard military dull olive green The price
    on the For Sale sign was, I believe, $12,000.