[lro] RE: Ser IIa Starter

From: LYNNE WORKMAN (workmeistr@msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 21:53:26 EST

    Hi, Sam,
      I have had really good luck rebuilding Series starters. Just yank that bad
    boy out and the rebuild is straight forward. Usually muck is in there and
    prevents the gear from thrusting out. While you have it apart, take some fine
    grade sandpaper and work over the magnets, as well. Sandpaper and Simple
    Green cleaner can rebuild any Series starter. Also make sure the grounding
    surfaces are nice and clean and sanded down. So, to review the bidding,
    that's remove, take apart, clean with Simple Green, sand magnets and grounding
    points. It really is not that daunting once it's sitting on the work bench.
    Best of luck.

    Bren K. Workman
    (Still looking for a good Ser III bulkhead...)
    Colorado Springs, CO 80911
    (719) 393-9645 (h)
    (719) 526-7525 (w)