Re: [lro] Series IIa Starter

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 08:08:48 EST

    Take the starter out and clean the drive really well and replace it dry
    or with a little graphite lube.
    If there is some oil leakage at the rear main it can deposit on the
    drive and pick up enough gunge to stop the drive from engaging. Same
    applies if it has been oil/grease lubed at installation.
    The direction of engagement is governed by the "thread" within the
    drive.
    John and Muddy