Re: [lro] IIA clutch withdrawal mechanism

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 16:55:26 EST

    So I manged to get it all back together, and the clutch works. What
    a shock to have the clutch engage more than 1/2" of the floor boards.
    I had some ideas for improving the mechanism, which I'll probably get
    around to when I rebuild the engine. I think there needs to be an
    oilite bearing at the junction of the shaft/lever and the slave
    cylinder operating rod. There was a fair amount of wear on that
    goofy screw, even though it's tightly located by the spring and
    screw. I also think that a bearing on either side of the bracket the
    cross shaft goes through would be an improvement, as would drilling
    the shaft to allow greasing of the bronze bushes.