RE: [lro] Magnet on a floppy stick and benefits of being Canadia n

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 07:12:39 EST

     So what was all that blether about fastening magnets to sticks then?

    Prior to the deal of the century, I was attempting to retrieve some tools
    for one of our millwrights. They had been dropped down a narrow slot between
    a 1000 ton press and the surrounding floor plates. The hard drive magnet on
    a string decided to stick to the press frame rather than the tool and the
    60lb nylon line snapped when pulling the magnet off. Had to eventually get a
    crane to lift the floor plates. Would have been cheaper to just buy him some
    new tools.