Re: [lro] What the.....?

From: Solihull@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 05:54:25 EST

    In a message dated 12/4/02 23:50:16, ynotink@qwest.net writes:

    <<I
    revved it a little and pulled it into drive. At
    that point something just kind of gave and There
    was no drive available in Drive. I pulled it down
    into first and it moves and will drive normally
    when shifted manually, but still will not produce
    any initial driving force other than in first >>

    classic ZF failure mode, seen it before in Volvos, BMWs and Peugeots. Failure
    was precipitated by the revving in park. I thought ZF had dealt with that by
    the 88 or 89 year models.
    Cheers!
    John Dillingham
    Vintage Rover Service
    Canton, Georgia
    93 Eurovan 'Red Bettie'
    88 Range Rover 'Periwinkle'
    85 Range Rover 'Hyacinth'
    68 Land Rover 88 (project, for sale)
    72 Land Rover 88 'Old 502
    72 Land Rover 88 'Nell'
    82 Isuzu Imark diesel 'baby deezle'
    60 Ex MOD series II SWB RHD
    75 Ex MOD 101 forward control troop transport