[lro] What the.....?

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 23:47:47 EST

Sorry to impose a coil spring question on the
group, but I'm in a spot.

On our way home from Applebee's this evening My 93
Rangie died at a stop light. When I restarted it
it died again, so in frustration when I started it
the third time (after the light had changed) I
revved it a little and pulled it into drive. At
that point something just kind of gave and There
was no drive available in Drive. I pulled it down
into first and it moves and will drive normally
when shifted manually, but still will not produce
any initial driving force other than in first (and
reverse fortunately.)

Any idea as to what I may have done?

I'm thinking maybe I've damaged the torque
converter, but I really don't have any more
evidence of that than of little green venusians.

Thanks for any info.

Bill Lawrence