Re: [lro] Airplane buffs read this...

From: Bruce D. Fowler (bf71iia@prexar.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:32:19 EST

    JL,
    Is this what you are talking about?
    http://www.heyl.de/en/geraete_dir/pilotverteiler_page.htm

    Bruce F.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Jean-Leon Morin

    :
    :Hey gang, this may seem a little weird.
    :
    :While scrounging the local auto-surplus place I came upon a hydraulic servo
    :cylinder made (presumably for an airplane) built by THE ELECTRIC AUTO-LITE
    :CO. Build date April 1945. The build quality and construction (lightweight
    :aluminum alloy) scream aircraft to me.
    :
    :The box reads "SERVO, 4" AUTOMATIC PILOT."
    :The part reads
    :PART 644231
    :MFD BY
    :THE ELECTRIC AUTO-LITE CO.