[lro] IIA clutch withdrawal mechanism

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 08:05:14 EST

    My clutch isn't withdrawing. Didn't seem to be a hydraulic problem;
    no loss of fluid from resevoir, no signs of leaking at either
    cylinder. So I took the operating mechanism apart, suspecting
    something like a broken pin. Didn't find anything broken, bit of
    slop in some things, and the clutch slave push rod is bent. I'll
    make a new one of those, and see if I can dig up a new spherical
    bushing. My questions are two fold. Is the tube that connects the
    lever shaft to the transmission supposed to be a tube? Mine is oval
    -- actually two oval sections, at right angles to each other. And
    second, how the heck do I get the pin I dropped into the bellhousing
    out?

    David