[lro] Toni's Diff

From: Mitch Stockdale (mstockdale@chartertn.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 17:38:39 EST

    Something that no one has mentioned. If it turns out that the rear diff is
    toast and you still need the vehicle while its being rebuilt. You can drive
    around with the rear diff out in 4WD high (you will be FWD) . Or you can
    simply put the front diff in the rear. This is simple if you have locking
    hubs in front or just remove the half shafts and put some tin over the drive
    flange mounting. I once drove from Aiken SC to Pittsburgh PA in front wheel
    drive. I know some people have swapped diffs front to back as normal course
    of a rebuild project. The assumption is that the front diff had less abuse
    over the years and would last longer then the rear.

    Hurricane Mitch