RE: [lro] Cuthbertson and other track conversions...

From: N Forbes (forbesn@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 10:51:24 EST

    J-L,
    Half way between Unity and Waterville there are two trucks with tracks. I
    can't remember if they're both Jeeps or if one is an S10 or something.
    Anyway, Con, John, and I checked them out quickly last year on the way to
    Big G's for breakfast one morning. Looked pretty cool but someone was
    talking about loosing tracks or some other problem with them. I think
    thye're actually only usefull on groomed trails.

    Bruce might know the guy. We should try to get a ride in them in February.

    As for the Cuthbertsons, I think Al was right that there is a big subframe.
    As I recall, it's like a four tracked chassis that the Rover sits on top of,
    almost like it's on a trailer.

    later,
    Niall