[lro] Parabolic Springs

From: Terry.Joyce@csiro.au
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 23:52:15 EST

    Hi all, haven't posted for quite a while.

    bit of a ramble here.....

    Fitted a set of parabolics to the '56 S1, after deciding that 46 years of
    hard use is enough for the originals.
    Ride quality is a lot firmer than the advertising led me to expect, (coil
    spring ride??) these springs seem about equal to standard springs well
    greased, I think I was expecting a softer ride than I am getting.

    The springs are TI Console, load level 'A', that means 2 leaf fronts and 2
    leaf rears, fitted to a SWB hardtop petrol. (100Kg of tools in the back).
    I am continuing to use the Bilstein dampers (direct replacements for the OE
    Monroes). Thought that might be the problem, although the Bilsteins are not
    a hard damper, so I refitted the used originals to see if there was a
    difference. No difference, still a fairly sharp reaction to bumps,
    especially at the front.

    The S1 is a bit lighter than a S2 at the front, but not much.

    Anyone else had any experiences with parabolics?

    Cheers,
    Terry