RE: [lro] Shipfitters' disease

From: andylit@directvinternet.com
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 12:26:27 EST

    Rick Grant <rickgrant@telus.net> wrote:

    >However, and it is a big however, I live in terror of Shipfitters
    >Disease. I can well remember when Adrian Redmond (I wish he'd return to
    >this list) started some innocuous little project and ended up with a
    >rebuilt motor, a refurbished frame, and a tickety-boo body.

    >I am afraid, very afraid, that if I pull the head to do the valves,
    >although they are showing no signs of problems, I will end up delving deep
    >into the engine and god knows what else.

    It's too late. The thought is the deed.

    I just got nailed on my '59 Mercedes. The window rubber is getting old.
    Kind of drafty, but no really noticable until it started getting cold out.

    I told myself that I would JUST replace the rubberthis winter.
    Yeah....right.

    As of today, the car is slated for a full engine rebuild, bead blasting and
    paint, re-stiching and dye job on the leather, new headliner, etc.

    I swear, all I really want to do is the window rubber.

    Vehicle "maintenance" is a metaphysical thing. It just "is".

    Andy Litkowiak
    109 Series IIa Diesel Pickup in pieces (it was an oil change, I swear it)
    Rover P4 100 Lurking in the barn, bleating for a frame off.