Re: [lro] HELP ME!!! HELP ME!!

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 22:52:06 EST

    On 11/17/02 5:47 PM, "ynotink" <ynotink@qwest.net> wrote:

    > Actually what you need to do is use a hammer and punch to back the bolts out
    > of the
    > alloy clamp. Takes a lot of patience, but it can be done. When the yoke is off
    > the
    > assembly comes apart easily.

    In my case (D110) there was a "collar" around the sheared-off portion of the
    bolts, which were also sheared off in a manner that didn't allow getting any
    purchase on them, and because of an obstruction below the steering column (I
    think it was a metal plate that formed the bottom edge of the dash) I
    couldn't cut a slot and try to use a screwdriver or impact driver.

    Since the end result was tossing the ign lock, a hacksaw made quick work of
    it.

    Anyone heard from Jan, how's he getting on there with the Disco?

    --pat.