Re: [lro] weatherstripping alternatives

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 18:10:42 EST

    >" The next thing is to try to make the "arc of influence" of the wipers
    >more
    > than 25 degrees.!"
    >
    >How is that possible?

    With the early independent wiper motors, it's not possible to change
    the arc. At least without fitting a new gear, which I don't know if
    you could find. The arc is really closer to 90 degrees, though. If
    the wiper arms have slipped on the shaft (mine do on a regular
    basis), it can look like it's sweeping less as the cleaned area
    moves off the windscreen. Adjusting the wiper arm and tightening the
    bolt (left hand thread, I think) makes a big difference.

    David