[lro] Winter, etc.

From: Garrick Olsen (gbolsen@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 13:54:18 EST

    I took ajr's brilliant advice and cut a mouse pad to fit the steering column
    hole. I split it so I did not have to remove the wheel. Of course, I lost
    the litle fiddly nut on the right side of the plate in the engine bay...

    I also get a brisk draft from the roof vents. I cut some styrofoam to fit
    the holes. Maybe someday I'll get the latches unstuck.

    I'm going to the Palm Springs area in California for a conference in
    February. Any clubs or enthusiasts there interested in showing me around?

    I really enjoyed reading the "Epic Journey" across the southern US in the
    FFR! Pictures would have added. I'd doubt that this truck, although taking
    an Epic Journe" is worth $190,000.

    I've gotten all tingly about the Michelin XZL. It looks like a BFG MT.
    Then, RN sent a flier with the tyre! Do they REALLY cost $275 a piece?
    Tire rack doesn't have them. Are there any other sources in the US? Sears
    has Michelin, but I wonder if they could order it...

    -Rik
    in Minnesota
    1960 SWB SW