Re: [lro] preparation for a trip

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 03:33:54 EST

    >I've gotten around with 5 or 6 wrenches, a pair of side cutters, the much
    >maligned but ever useful vice grip, crimping tool, sockets and ratchet, and
    >other small useful hand tools. Minimalistic, yes, but I DO carry a 19/32
    >socket painted bright red wherever I go. If you do not have a whitworth
    >socket try and get one of these from a snap on rep.

    The other substitute whitworth size I've found handy is 21/32. I
    forget what it fits, but I know I've dug it out of the 1/2" drive set
    I keep at home. Looking, it seems that Sears sell both 19/32 and
    21/32 1/2 drive sockets (it looks like they do by 32nds to an inch),
    but not in stores.

    00947506000 21/32 1/2 dr 12pt
    00947504000 19/32 1/2 dr 12pt

    Don't seem to have 6pt sockets. I didn't look too hard, though.
    Didn't check other sizes, either.
    David