[lro] Friend Greet Worm Info

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 19:47:02 EST

    Alrighty

    If you are as silly as I am, and now you are sending these kinds of emails
    to your friends and family, allow me to provide you with the following
    information on the Friend Greet email worm:
    http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.friendgreet.worm.html

    Inserting Land Rover specific words to make sure that filters don't kick out
    gear oil 90W clutch 2.25 liter petrol diesel birmabrite tyres lucas leaks
    sluggish carb

    This thing doesn't seem to do any real damage, but it disable my Norton AV
    by using the Norton Quarantine on key files, it loads stuff into memory, so
    that it cannot be deleted when you find it. Very pernicious. Big PITA

    Sorry and thanks

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Island, WA
    www.ozedeph.com