[lro] learning to weld -- another thing

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 01:35:10 EST

    Another thought occured to me that no one else mentioned in this
    thread. An auto-darkening helmet is a great boon when you're first
    learning. It's sort of tricky to get the hang of flipping the helmet
    down and striking the arc at the right spot, and with an automatic
    helmet, you don't have to worry about it until you're ready. I also
    love mine when doing things like filling holes in sheet metal -- you
    can move from one side of the hole to the other without having to
    fiddle with the helmet, which saves (me, at least) lots of time.
    They've gotten reasonably priced in the last few years, too.

    David