Re: [lro] T-case output shaft removal

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 01:25:01 EST

    > My Series I parts catalog shows a snap rig and a thrust washer on the
    front end
    > of the output shaft which hold the high speed gear in place on the shaft.
    If the
    > snap ring is removed the shaft will (I think) slip out the rear of the
    housing
    > and the gears can then be pulled out separately through the top of the
    case.
    > Sounds like what Jim said about his D suffix box.
        There was in fact a snap ring in the there holding the gear in place.
    It was obscured by all the crud in there. Had I started on the other case
    first which is nice and clean I most certainly would have discovered the
    ring right away. This is a good lesson. Most of the time when something is
    insanely difficult I am missing something. :-)

    Kirk