RE: [lro] n e w l a n d y m a t i o n

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 17:56:09 EST

    John et Al.

    Anything that will play an MPEG should work. They're compressed with
    MPEG-1, the most-est basic-est Internet Video compression scheme (sorta the
    Series I of Internet video). You prolly have something installed on your
    machine already (unless you're running Linux or Unix - I don't know anything
    about that).

    Any one of the following products should work; I make no endorsement for any
    of these products. In fact, I have all three installed on my (mostly
    well-behaved) machine and they are configured to play their own respective
    media types. Depending on who you ask, any given player rules or sucks.

    Microsoft's Media Player:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
    If you have a recent version of Internet Exploder you should have this
    already. Don't know if they will push the latest Internet Explorer on you
    when you install - I know there are issues with the latest version of IE6.0
    and Windows98

    RealNetwork's whatever-it's-called:
    http://www.real.com/realone/
    Look for the FREE download in the upper right corner.

    Apple's Quicktime:
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

    If you have no other media player on your machine, make sure you configure
    the player to handle MPEGs during setup - they should give you that option.

    Hope this helps
    Todd