Re: [lro] AC Arc welding questions

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 07:58:48 EST

    Stick welding on sheet metal like the bulk head is very tricky, 40 amps
    is too much. I have used a 1/16th 6013 at about 30 amps but I wasn't
    comfortable with it. Very tough to get the arc started at those low
    amps.
    I have use the carbon arc torch for heating and brazing but it is a
    nasty piece of gear. The "flame" is very large and unstable.
    John and Muddy