Subject: LRO digest, Vol 1 #56 - 3 msgs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:03:31 -0400 (EDT)

Send LRO mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://land-rover.team.net/mailman/listinfo/lro
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of LRO digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Old Man Emu shock part #'s (Jeff Bieler)
   2. third member install problem (Jeff Bieler)
   3. Re: third member install problem (Jim Hall)

--__--__--

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:45:30 -0700
From: Jeff Bieler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [lro] Old Man Emu shock part #'s
Reply-To: [email-masked]

I was at Rover Accessories today for their open house and met with Marc
Bowers from ARB.  We were talking about what shocks to get for my Series
after I install parabolics.  He commented that their shock part #'s were
for standard leaf springs and that folks were using different shocks
when they went to parabolics, but that he was not sure what part #'s
those were.  Anyone know?

--__--__--

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:43:29 -0700
From: Jeff Bieler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [lro] third member install problem
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Well, I think I now know why my rear dif leaked so bad.  Three of the
bolts from the axle to the third member are no longer secured on the
inside by the wire daisy chain.   The have come loose and it got rather
creative getting them to stay put while I unthreaded the nuts.  Anyway,
I tried the local parts stores today, but they are at a loss as to what
kind of wire to use.  What am I looking for and/or where should I go to
get some?

Thanks!

Jeff

--__--__--

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:24:36 -0600
From: "Jim Hall" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [lro] third member install problem
Reply-To: [email-masked]

You could always use red locktite.

Jeff Bieler wrote:
> 
> Well, I think I now know why my rear dif leaked so bad.  Three of the
> bolts from the axle to the third member are no longer secured on the
> inside by the wire daisy chain.   The have come loose and it got rather
> creative getting them to stay put while I unthreaded the nuts.  Anyway,
> I tried the local parts stores today, but they are at a loss as to what
> kind of wire to use.  What am I looking for and/or where should I go to
> get some?
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Jeff
> _______________________________________________
> LRO mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://land-rover.team.net/mailman/listinfo/lro

-- 
Jim Hall
1966 88" Elephant Chaser
http://www.users.qwest.net/~jimfoo
"You know, I never really damaged my Rover 'till I started wheeling 
with Jim." Mitch Stockdale

--__--__--

_______________________________________________
* Team.Net hosted courtesy of Amaranth Networks, Inc. http://Amaranth.com/ *
* Powered by SUN(r). The network is the computer.(tm) *
LRO mailing list
[email-masked]
http://land-rover.team.net/mailman/listinfo/lro

End of LRO Digest