Re: LRO: Chicago newspapers

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 15:30:10 EDT

    On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

    :Hi All--
    :You know, you'd think this would be a really easy thing to find out from
    :the papers' own web pages, but no. The information is not there. It's
    :a lot more fun, as well as quicker, to ask this list instead of writing
    :to the papers concerned.

    They're both morning papers. I don't know when they come off the press,
    early, though.

    :Land Rover Content to keep the wolves at bay: can I safely assume that
    :a 1963 SII (which may have been sold, for those of you who track these
    :things) RHD would have been imported to the US with a positive ground?
    :This is a minor plot point at best, but a plot point that needs to be
    :checked. And how long could you drive a Rover with the generator
    :incorrectly polarized? (It's possible I didn't pay attention in class.
    :Feel free to enlighten me.)

    It would have been built as positve ground (They all were until 67(?)).
    It's a five minute job to switch though. I'd guess you could drive with a
    mis-polarized generator as long as you could with a broken one. A few hours
    or so, lots less if the battery is small, undercharged, or old, or you want
    to use the lights and heater.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.