Re: LRO: Axel

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 01:54:27 EDT

    Talk about the wrong mailing list, you should be on the VW Bug list, Rovers
    never had swing axles.

    The only thing that would cause rear wheels to cant in any direction is a
    bent axle casing. That would make for major problems with half shafts,
    driven hubs or the differential. I'd look closely again. It could be bent
    wheels but rolling the truck forward would change the angle of the wheels as
    the tires rotate.

    Front wheels do have a slight cant because of steering angles. Think its
    top out by a couple of degrees but more accentuated when the wheels are
    turned.

    If your rears are truly canted, its time for a new axle housing and may be
    more items from the damage already done by running in the bent casing.

    Aloha
    Peter O.