Subject: LRO: RE: Series driver height

From: Rob Modica <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 22:03:46 -0700

Interesting discussion RE: hieght versus comfort versus fit.  

I'm a thin 6'2" and drove my 109 as a daily driver for almost 20 years
-- before being seduced by roll up windows that didn't rattle (no more
matchbook covers folded over), a radio I could actually hear, A/C,
etc. etc.  In all those years I was never "really" comfortable in the
109, but I always enjoyed the ride -- still do.

What was REALLY uncomfortable was sitting in Ben Smith's 101 last year
in Colorado.  I don't think there is anyway I could drive a 101 a mile
-- although I admit to wanting one very, very badly.  SWMBO would have
a cow if I ever got one.  She makes her wishes known everytime I show
her a picture of one.

BTW -- this leaf vrs coil hoof & mouth disease is laughable.  Just
look at the signatures of our fellow listers.

Rob

        Arizona Land Rover Owners
Rob Modica     '51 Series I  80"  16136629
Tucson AZ      '60 Series II 109" 16400620
[email-masked]   '94 Disco 5 spd
   A Land Rover owner/driver since 1973